Monday 19 February 2007

Feb 19th - Ankles Remain Intact!

Well, Simon is happy...at last! My stash is tidied away, the desk is cleared and his ankles are safe from trimmer induced damage! Unfortunately, it took all day, so all attempts to craft in daylight hours went by the wayside.

During one of my (frequent) tea breaks today, I went on UKS, and my imagination has been fired up by talks of ATC's. (Artist Trading Cards) I once tried to make one, but I couldn't get the hang of things! In theory, it all seems so simple - cut a piece of card 3.5" x 2.5", and decorate it. Easy? Well, yes, but I can't work out a design! I'm too stuck in my card making ways I think...can't go up a size (to 12x12), can't go down a size (to ATC's) so I seem to be stuck! However, I had a brainwave, and went to the good old Page Maps site. There are some maps for tags and cards, so I think I will use the tags for inspiration and adapt one to fit an ATC. Bingo! Unfortunately, this also means I have another item to add to my 'To Do' list...and still no nearer starting any of them!

Maybe tomorrow....!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Ah, the old craft dilema- so much to craft, not enough hours in the day! Think I'll start setting you deadlines for things!
x

Esther said...

WARNING:- Atcs can become very addictive when you get started, i found it helps to be part of a forum where you can swap amongst yourselves. Let me know if you want to do some between opurselves, may be we can get some more people on board? and start and atc club thingy?