Sunday 18 February 2007

18th Feb - Still Awake With More Ideas!

I have got 3 more items to add to my list of projects to do! The list is getting longer, and I still haven't got as far as the stash cupboard to take anything out to start it all off with!

Number 1:

I am Godmother to triplets and they are going to be 18 on 2nd April. I have decided to get Hannah a piece of jewellery, and Matthew and David a pair of engraved cufflinks each, as from their career hopes, they are both destined to be in suits!

Anyway, I was thinking initially of a card design, and then got to thinking of making my own gift boxes for the gifts. Then I thought 'How about combining the two?' So, therin lies my next project!

I am going to make 3 'exploding boxes'! The boxes will be decorated with photographs of them as they have grown up, from the obligatory embarrassing bare-bottomed-on-a-rug photos, through the gap toothed school photos and onwards to where they are now.

The present will be placed inside the box as well, so when they take the lid off their 'gift box', they get a decorated collection of photographs too! Genius!

Number 2:

I saw a lovely card made by a member of UKS. I knew I had to try and make one too! Its a 'Waterfall' card, and the effect on the front is brilliant! I am aiming to make one for Mothers Day, so when I manage to actually make one, I shall show it off on here!

Number 3:

The next project to catch my eye is a 'matchbox' book. It looks very cute! Bethany wants to make one too, so I'm going to have a go first and then she can copy it. I think that one will be an Easter project. Yes, I think spreading them out a bit will perhaps be a good idea!

Now, I just have to find the time to get started! Maybe tomorrow....!

No comments: