Sunday 25 February 2007

25th Feb - Mini DCM Challenge Completed!




I am pleased to announce the completion of another DCM challenge!

This time, we were set a mini challenge to create a card with a man in mind. It was a broad challenge, because we weren't confined to a certain age group or occasion.

Luckily for me, I have a little boys birthday coming up, so I thought it would be a good chance to combine the two-again!

So, using 4 small square blanks, I attached them together to make an accordian stlye card blank. I rounded the corners, and then cut 6 panels from a sheet of 'boy themed' paper, which I think is from a DCWV paper stack.

2 panels went onto either end panel, and the other 4 panels were mounted inside using DS tape. I attached a blue and white ribbon across both the front and back panels so the card can be tied up. On top of the ribbon, I mounted 3 blue gems and 2 dinky pale blue buttons. Inside I used the letters 'Birthday' from the Doodlebug 'Birthday Boy' cardstock sticker sheet. I mounted them onto white paper before cutting them out and arranging them across the inside panels. I then took the 'boy' sticker, from the same sheet, and mounted it onto a green acrylic tag. I popped a blue brad through the hole at the top of the tag, and then folded a matching piece of ribbon into a loop and placed it onto the bottom right hand corner of the card. I put the tag on top of the ribbon....and that was that!

Very quick and easy for those of us who need a card in a hurry!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Lori said...

Fabulous! Quick and easy to do but looks really good! Well done, another tick to the list!

Saffa said...

Thanks soooo much for commenting and leaving such a sweet message on my blog. Also your cards are fab! I LOVE the baby card I have a baby one to do and I keep putting it off!

Thanks so much

xxSaffa

Jo said...

Fab accordian card, I have never tried one of these - yours looks so effective, I am sure that the recipient will love it :)

jo xx

Kathy said...

This is really cute - the way you've done the wording across the whole of the book is very clever.

love it

Lythan said...

You may call it quick and easy but it LOOKS like hours of work. It is wonderful

Gillian said...

Oh I love this... Very, Very Clever...