Friday 8 June 2007

Need A Kick Up The Bum!

I really am going to have to start getting my act together with this crafting lark!

I keep neglecting the blog, as well as the craft, thinking 'oh, I'll do that tomorrow....' but as we all know, tomorrow never comes! I need to start getting seriously organised!

To do this, I have decided to take a pro-active approach, and have started challenging myself with card sketches. I get them through on email from Di Hickman, and wow! Are they inspiring?!! Every time one has come through spo far, I've thought about it...and that's as far as I've got! When Di emails all the results back out, the cards that have been produced are fantastic and I start to think 'I wish I could do that'! Anyway, I have finally taken the plunge and decided to submit my effort to Di for her to publish on her blog on 13/06/2007. I'm not allowed to show my effort until then, so as soon as I'm allowed, it will be here!

I'm also making a start on some mini books as a gentle way in to scrapping! One mini book is about Sarah, my best friend since school as its her birthday...tomorrow, actually! Whoops! See what I mean about not being organised?

The 2nd book is for Fathers Day. My hubby Simon is stepdad to Bethany, and she adores him. We have decided to put a book together about the 2 of them, using photos of them both together and B ethany is going to write little notes and words about why she loves him and what he means to her. I'm hoping it will turn out ok!

I've also got a couple of long standing 'ideas' which have yet to come to fruition, one of which is the journal for my friend Rebecca, who is due to land her bump at the end of August. I think this is enough to be going on with so far, but my lovely friend Lori (cathaircrafter) has a birthday soon too....but my lips are sealed as to what her prezzies are! So Lori - if you're reading this hoping for clues....SORRY!!! She came to my rescue recently, providing me with a 'wonderful' card sketch for a wedding card I was struggling with. I don't think any of the card sketch sites need to lose any sleep just yet...



Wonderful!

Alas, I didn't get to use it for that particular card, although I am keeping it for future reference in case of crafters block in the future!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Oh har har! That's the thanks I get is it?! We'll see who's laughing when the sketch gurus are swamping me with requests for sketches!

Spot-On said...

hehe that's what I do! In the evenings (or when I'm sick) I sit with a notebook and just doodle sketches. That's the easy part! Digitising them and doing them all fancy is the hard part! Oh yeah and actually USING them!