Sunday 8 April 2007

DCM Challenge


So, the DCM challenge this week was to be inspired by a work of art or an artist. As I said in the post below, I haven't a clue when it comes to art! Anyway, whilst flicking through some stuff, I came across a picture by Henri Matisse called 'Blue Nude'. This is one most people recognise from being sold in Ikea! After browsing further, I began to recognise some of the works as things I've seen before. I'd not realised they were all by the same artist, so perhaps I know more than I first thought! Matisse is a fan of bold colours, something I don't use as much as I should as I tend to favour pastels

After a bit more digging, I came across a picture called L'Escargot, which is the one I have adapted to fit the brief of the challenge.

Challenge completed!
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Gillian said...

Oh Well done!... I love this, so striking & bold!.. Fantastic Card!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Very striking, fab colours.
Im not into art much either!!!

Lori said...

Very arty! Great colours and funky design!

Rhi said...

A brilliant card Kitty, I love your take on Matisse. Thanks for daring!

Pearl said...

lovely take ! I wouldnt have thought of this ! lol

ttfn, Pearl

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Very nice Kitty i love it.

Andrea xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

I love the striking colours. Fabulous card.

Sarah said...

Great colours, Love it!

Sam said...

Wow, love your thinking behind this and how you arrived at your Ikea card (lol!!)

Terrific bold design...love it!

Kathy said...

Well done, the card looks fab and so striking
I love these bright colours and crisp shapes - it'sll great

Sheila said...

I'm another one that's not much into art I'm afraid......you did a fab job with this challenge....love the colours.

BondGirl said...

wow great colours, and so modern looking and cool. Thanks for joining in