Thursday 15 February 2007

15th February - WHY?!!

Well, I have decided, after a few weeks of mulling it over, to start scrapping. I'm not quite sure which urge is responsible for this, although I am sure my lovely friend Lori is involved somewhere! For those of you who haven't yet, please check out Lori's blog, then you too will understand why I feel the need to give it a go!
I have been making cards for over a year now. I feel the need to 'break out' and try something new. My hubby Simon would also like me to try and use up as much of my stash as is possible, as then he may be able to walk around the bed without breaking something - either his ankle or my paper trimmer!
I have SO much paper, I don't really like to think about how many trees are involved!
12x12, 8x8, 6x6, A4, A3, and a big box of scraps and offcuts,,,all colours, textures, shapes and sizes.
It would be lovely to have a project to work on and show them all off. I also hope that I can take some of what I learn from the scrapping side and apply it to the cards I make.
So, where to start, and what to do next? Well, the first thing I will be doing is checking out the UK Scrappers site http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/ and getting some ideas and advice from there.
Watch out for the start of this new addiction!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hurrah! Welcome to the world of blog! I take no responsibilty for any addictions resulting from your foray into the world of scrapping but maybe should warn hubby that scrapping actually increases your stash rather than shrinking it! Sorry!